Forth Inspection Service provides consulting, preparing procedures, written practice, third party Level 3 Services, specialised witness and other QA/QC services.Read More
The UK based client had a requirement to perform In-service radiography as an alternative to conventional film radiography.
Forth Inspection Service was approached to develop the Computed Radiography (CR) procedure & perform comparative trials.
Several Computed radiography systems were trialed with specific focus on the following key areas;
• Portability & robustness of unit
• Usability of system
• Software features for image quality & analysis
Numerous In-service corroded samples were initially radiographed using conventional film, followed by the various CR systems.
The final CR system was selected & Forth Inspection Service provided training on the system for the client’s radiographers.
Using a Computed Radiography system for In-Service inspection means that
• Reduced exposure time compared to film radiography
• Various software features to enhance digital image & subsequent analysis
• No need for darkroom facilities or processing chemicals
• Data transfer, results can be cut to DVD, USB or transmitted electronically
Forth Inspection Service is committed to providing client focused, proactive inspection solutions.
The company takes great pride in offering a personal, professional service and works closely with clients to find the best solution to their requirements.
Click below to download our Brochure